Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Apparel and Pattern Design - Florals

I recently have expanded my interests in concept art into fashion illustration and now apparel and pattern design. When Abercrombie & Fitch visited my college campus (Ringling College of Art and Design) I began working on floral designs for feminine shirts and pajama pants for their branch brand, Gilly Hicks. 

I began by painting some hybrid-esque roses in 4 different colors.

Once that was finished, I saved each flower as a png. and brought them over into illustrator and starting having some fun with designs and patterns. But to place them on clothing I vectored some fashion flats to show the style of clothing I was going for. For example here are two sets of pajamas I designed front and back;



Following are front and back models of the feminine shirts I designed;




And finally a couple of pajama pants that go with some of the shirts;


No comments:

Post a Comment