Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Apparel and Pattern Design - Pastries

After my floral experiment I decided to try my hand at rendering a more complex pattern for my vector fashion flats to create something new. I started by rendering some French inspired pastries with a soft yet vibrant palette;


Next I arranged them into a pattern, as it was my first time making a proper pattern it took awhile measuring out spacing to create something that could be repeated seamlessly;


With the feminine flavor of the pattern, I started by placing it on a nightgown/dress flat and it turned out quite successful;
Next I decided to see what it would look like on pajamas, using the vector flats I previously used for my floral designs. I put some fun type on the back of the shirts that say "La Patissiere" or the Pastry Chef (in its feminine form);


No comments:

Post a Comment