Monday, December 5, 2011

Thesis Brainstorming

I started sketching out some clothing idea relating to my own personal logo. I thought of making it a small colorful branch relating to my identity package colors and logo. This branch would only be a part of other branches relating to the larger overall brand. I call this particular branch "gatinha" which means little female cat in Portuguese or slang for pretty girl. My senior thesis at Ringling College of Art and Design will be on apparel/fashion branding. I plan on designing and vectoring fashion flats then moving on to patterns and textures. Sort of like what I already did with my floral and pastry pajama sets. Only this time I'd like to expand on the cuts of the clothes too.

These are just some brainstorm ideas. So far I like the leggings and the dress I did a little fashion illustration of. I'd also like to experiment with accessory design. 


Any comments or suggestions would be greatly appreciated! :)

2 comments:

  1. think about who the girl you are designing for is and try to make a look for every occasion so you already designed some sleepwear and dresses now think about athletic clothing, formal, swim wear, everyday clothing, dresses as well as separates. That is what I will do since I am doing a thesis on apparel design and accessories as well <3 Lillian

    ReplyDelete