Monday, April 29, 2013

Buildings - Current Projects

For those who know me, I've never really been into drawing buildings or environments. But lately I find that I rather enjoy it.

This first set of sketches are initial concepts for a haunted hotel game I've been playing around with called Styx Estates. More concepts including items and characters to come! Which building is your favorite? Personally I think the bottom one is the most successful. I loved mixing different architectures to get the structure the way I envisioned it.


This next one is an exercise in isometric format. I wanted to hop on the bandwagon of all those bakery games and see what I could come up with to make my own original version. Already started rendering the final assets and should be up soon too.


Last on our tour for today is a rough sketch I started of a hidden castle environment concept. Its currently being restitched and torn apart to find the best composition. But I wanted to at least show everyone the initial idea of it. I'm always interested in seeing how things evolve.


1 comment:

  1. Your Isometric illustration is so wonderful! You were born to make cooking games it combines 2 of your favorite things cuisine and video games :) and maybe if you made it a series of restaurants in different countries you could add travel as another of your favorite things :D

    ReplyDelete