Friday, July 11, 2014

Color Exercise






































So several things inspired this speed painting exercise (though it seems I'm getting rusty since this took over instead of under an hour). First up is I haven't updated this thing in ages. Second I watched Eva Green in Kingdom of Heaven recently and fell in love with her color schemes and costumes. Thirdly, I saw Loish post a similar color exercise here; http://blog.loish.net/post/84322203508/steps-including-ref-image-at-the-beginning-for

So I decided to get back into painting since all I've been doing this past here is freelance graphic design stuff that I can't put into an illustration portfolio. Really hoping to post more of these exercises as time goes on just to get back into it.

I was not trying to get it to look exactly like the photo, simply to practice color and trying to make the image my own. Here is my original sketch before painting;


For reference here is the photo I used as inspiration;

No comments:

Post a Comment